- Became aware of a proposed solar ordinance from out-of-state developers, which was presented to the Winchester-Clark County Planning Commission and Clark County Fiscal Court.
- Conducted meetings with concerned citizens to discuss the industrial solar proposal, and submitted initial objections and concerns to Clark County Fiscal Court.
- Established the Clark Coalition, Inc. (501c4), a land use advocacy organization dedicated to creating a thriving community rooted in the heart of our iconic and dynamic Bluegrass landscape in Winchester-Clark County.
- Continued research and investigation of short and long-term effects of industrial solar developments.
- Hosted an informative meeting with KY Commissioner of Agriculture Dr. Ryan Quarles at Grace Baptist Church to discuss the issue of industrial solar.
- Launched our Facebook page to inform citizens of all news involving the industrial solar issue.
- Discussed the potential impacts of industrial solar development in Clark County on “Tim Smith’s Mornings on Main” radio program, 102.9 FM, WWKY.
- Interviewed in Linda Blackford’s column A Secretive Solar Dust-up in Clark County Could Soon be Coming to a County Near You, Lexington Herald-Leader, 8/26 Read Column
- Held neighborhood meetings to inform citizens about the industrial solar proposals in Clark County’s Agricultural Zone. Special thanks to Grace Baptist Church and Harkness Edwards Vineyards for hosting.
- Published our Op-Ed in the Winchester Sun & Lexington Herald Leader: Industrial Solar Facilities are Wrong for Clark County’s Irreplaceable Farmland, Read Our Op-Ed
- Prepared our case to present at the Public Hearing. The meeting was disbanded due to ethical complaints involving official conduct. View Letter
- Participated in the Planning Commission’s solar subcommittee. After learning of multiple conflicts of interest by Committee members, and a pre-determined agenda to allow industrial-solar without first assessing applicable research on the issue, we took action to stop the proceedings. View Solar Process Letter
- Presented to Leadership Winchester group.
- Attended the Planning Commission meeting to promote reconvening the Comprehensive Plan Committee, to transparently and publicly address the question industrial solar.
- Attended a day-long continuing education course on Planning & Zoning in Bowling Green, hosted by Kentucky League of Cities.
- Advocated for the public’s right to participate in an open land-use planning process about industrial solar with our local officials. View Ex Parte Letter
- Presented to Fortnightly organization.
- Advocated for a moratorium on industrial solar in the interests of sound land use planning and transparency before the Winchester City Commission and Clark County Fiscal Court. View Open Letter
- Participated in the Main Street Winchester meeting.